Thursday, May 28, 2015

The Adventure Begins

Welcome. Before continuing, there are two things you should know:
  1. I am a sweets fiend (at least that's what my wife says). I do not have a sweet tooth; I have an entire mouth full of them (a fact my dentist can attest to).
  2. I have awesome friends. A few years ago, two friends returned from a trip to Scotland, bringing along a generous selection of European candy for me. I decided to write a review of each candy with pictures and all - the whole works! Unfortunately, the project was cut short by a colony of ants who mistook our pantry for their own. It was an honest mistake, no doubt. Since then, my wife has been encouraging (i.e. badgering) me to start reviewing candy again, and her persistence has finally overcome my laziness.
I thus present to you the Diary of a Sweets Fiend, wherein I shall dispense reviews of candy, snacks, and other unhealthy items of an allegedly edible nature, both domestic and foreign (to me, anyway), with the sophistication and integrity deserved to said delicacies.

Keep in mind I have no tastes other than my own, and mine may be lousy in your eyes (you may want to get your eyes checked, just to be sure). I will like things you may dislike (and vice versa), and my opinions are therefore worthless. Nevertheless, a rating system has been devised to fool you into thinking there is some value in what I think. The ratings are as follows:

The rating system. I'll understand if its beauty brings tears to your eyes.

Each review will also include sufficient pictures of the subject to support my decision and delight your visual cortex.

Well, then.

Now that we have the pleasantries out of the way, dear reader(s), I hope you will join me in traveling the world through the magic of candy (and whatnot). It would be pointless without you. It is pointless even with you, but that's not your fault, so don't take it personally. Regardless, be prepared for one wild ride of successes and failures, triumphs and defeats, and things that make you go "What?!"

This should be fun.

With a sprinkling of sincerity,
The Sweets Fiend

1 comment:

  1. This is going to be absolutely awesome!!! I can't wait to read your first review :) And I'm looking forward to donating whatever strange and bizarre treats I can find to challenge your taste buds!

    ReplyDelete